Environmental Project Engineer I
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Lakeshore Environmental, Inc. (LEI) is actively seeking an environmental engineer to join its West Michigan team. The successful candidate will undertake challenging and interesting work on a wide variety of projects related to water and wastewater engineering, design, and permitting as well as other natural resource projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated employee who can function independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
This position is a full-time position with a minimum of 40 hours per week and potential to grow. This position is also eligible for health insurance, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, a Simple IRA with company match, and accrual of paid time off (PTO).
- Conduct field work including groundwater and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, and construction oversight.
- Provide engineering support in wastewater treatment system analysis, design, implementation (industrial, non-municipal)
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Assist in natural resources permitting, including (but not limited to) Groundwater Discharge permits, and National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits
- Engineering support for storm water management and/or modeling
- Engineering support for Industrial compliance projects and inspections
- Hydrogeological studies, groundwater modeling
- Field work opportunities for this position will be year-round with some out-of-town travel
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers
- Communicate with Project Managers, subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or related field with 0 to 5 years’ experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Ability to succeed in at a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or related engineering field with 3+ years’ experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Engineer in Training (EIT), Certified Professional Engineer (PE) in Michigan, or on track to obtain.
- Detail oriented with mechanical aptitude with hands-on trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Experience preparing documents for EGLE and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong commitment customer service, sales, and marketing.
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com. Reference “Project Engineer” in the subject line.