Project Geologist / Project Scientist
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Lakeshore Environmental, Inc. (LEI) is actively seeking a geologist or scientist to join its West Michigan team. The successful candidate will enjoy working on a wide variety of interesting projects in Geology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources, Due Diligence, and Wastewater. The ideal candidate will be a motivated employee who can function both independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
The position is full-time with ample opportunity for professional growth. The position is eligible for health insurance, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, a Simple IRA with company match, and accrual of paid time off (PTO). A flexible work from home schedule will be available to the right candidate.
- Conduct field work including soil, sediment, groundwater, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Operate direct push drilling rig (Geoprobe®)
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Assist in groundwater and remedial system performance monitoring, maintenance, and optimization.
- Field work for this position will be year-round with occasional overnight travel.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Communicate with project managers, subcontractors, regulatory agents, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Natural Resources, or related Environmental discipline with 0 to 5 years’ experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment handling multiple project assignments.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or related field with 1 years’ experience.
- Ability to attain Professional Certification in the appropriate field of expertise.
- Detail oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Experience preparing documents for EGLE and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong commitment to customer service, sales, and marketing.
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com. Reference “Project Scientist” in the subject line.