Location: Grand Haven, MI
Lakeshore Environmental, Inc. (LEI) is actively seeking an experienced civil/environmental engineer to join its
West Michigan team. The successful candidate will have experience managing a wide variety of projects
related to water, wastewater, and permitting for environmental engineering projects. The ideal candidate
will be a self‐motivated manager who can function independently and as part of a fast‐paced team.
This is a full‐time position with ample opportunity for professional growth. This position is eligible for health
insurance, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, a Simple IRA with company match, and
accrual of paid time off (PTO). A flexible work from home schedule will be available to the right candidate.
• Provide engineering design services in wastewater treatment system analysis, design, implementation
• Manage natural resources permitting, including (but not limited to) Groundwater Discharge permits,
National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits
• Storm water engineering
• Industrial compliance, spill plans, etc.
• Oversee field work including groundwater and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, and
• Assist and oversee data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and
• Maintain and grow existing clients
• Review, sign off, and provide comments on reports
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field with 5 years’ experience.
• Experience in Project Management
• Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
• Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
• Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
• Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining
flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or related engineering field with up to 10 years’
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE) in Michigan, or ability to achieve within 6 months
• Experience in site development projects
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Detail oriented with mechanical aptitude with hands‐on trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
• Experience preparing documents for EGLE and other regulatory agencies.
• Strong commitment customer service, sales, and marketing.
Please submit resume and references to info@my‐lei.com. Reference “Civil/Environmental Engineer” in the